There are so many great places to go for leisure in Dubai, and one of them is Westin Mina Seyahi Beach Resort. Summers in Dubai can be a bit of a challenge, as the temperature outside can reach up to 46 degree celsius. So a beach resort can help you cool down, while still being able to get some colour on your skin and chill out with your friends or family.
In this blog we will talk about the pros and cons about Westin Mina Resort.
- Clean & quiet resort (we would’ve preferred some music in the background though!)
- You can choose whichever seat you want and they offer free towels.
- Beach access – this would be most preferred during off summer season.
- Pool bar access – good selection of alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks and the only place you can hear playing some music.
- Family friendly – there are 5 different pools of which one is for kids alone.
- For outside visitors to enter the hotel resort you actually have to go through Barasti entrance, not through the hotel’s entrance. My friends and I found this a bit frustrating as this wasn’t mentioned on the website and there was a bit of a walk involved in the sun.
- The free wifi didn’t work at all, but thankfully we had TravelWiFi and it worked amazingly!
- The entrance fees are quiet pricy, but if you are a visitor in Dubai (only in the summer season 1 Jun – 31st Aug) you can show your Emirates boarding pass and pay only AED 150 AED from 225 AED during weekdays or 350 AED during weekends. Or if you go Sunday or Wednesdays, ladies pay only 100 AED.
- A bottle of 500 ml of water is 48 AED, so you may as well buy some water from a local store before you go in because you will drink lots of water!!
Nonetheless the overall experience at the resort was very enjoyable, especially when you have good company.
If you’ve been to this resort or you are planning to go we would like to hear about your experience!